Friday, September 10, 2010

Random Thought of The Day...

I woke up at about 3am and couldn't get back to sleep this morning. As I laid in bed, I thought of an email I received yesterday and it led me to other thoughts...

Have you ever been at a flea market or thrift store and saw a one-of-a-kind widget? It was beautiful and took your breath away. You thought, "I'd love to own that, but this place is huge, so I'm going to walk around some more and see if there's anything I like better." You spend hours walking around and can't find anything you want more than that first widget. You go running back to the place you saw it, only to see someone walking toward you holding it in their hands. They beat you to that widget because you wasted time thinking something was better out there. You will never have another chance because this widget was one-of-a-kind. There's not another one like it out there anywhere in the universe.

Moral of the story: If you see something you want, get it. Don't waste time looking for something better. If it's one-of-a-kind, chances are there is nothing better. Don't lose your one chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment